I need to get under my truck (1953 Chevy 3100) and start replacing my brake system components, starting with the master cylinder and then the hard lines. I was thinking about using my floor jack to lift each end and put rhino ramps under each wheel. The reason for wanting to do this instead of jack stands is that it will take me several sessions to get this work done and I thought I could get the truck elevated and leave it until I was done and ready to move to each wheel for servicing the brakes. Then I'd have to get it back on the ground and use the jack stands while replacing each wheel's brakes.

My question is: is it better to use the jack stands or are the rhino ramps (or similar type) suitable for leaving under load for a couple of weeks? Can I leave them under load if I put the jack stands as a backup or should I just not leave them under load?


Mike
1953 3100
The Gray Ghost
My Project journal