Going to shake the cob webs off this thread. Well, the temps here in AZ have finally dropped enough that one can spend a few hours in the garage without life impairing effects.
We are going to start on the brakes in the next few weeks. Hoping to drive it around the neighborhood on Christmas Day!
I was hoping that someone here might know the difference(s) between a 1951 and 1952 brake set up. The truck was titled as a 1951 but has all the signs of being a 1952. I have seen a few parts that have different part numbers for the 1951 vs 1952. The manual I have (1951 with 1952 supplement) indicates that the feeler gauge slot used for adjustment has been removed. Any ideas on what else may be different? Classic Truck Parts has a brake line set it sells and has different part numbers for 1951 and 1952. I know I saw something else with a different part for 1952 but I can't remember right now.
My plan was to replace the brake lines first. Once those are done, then I am assuming that I would replace the master cylinder. Then each wheel. I haven't worked on drum brakes before, so if someone could offer a step by step instruction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Lastly, several above told me to watch for the brass blocks. I'm not familiar with these. Can someone enlighten me? With my luck, if there is something that can easily be ruined, I will ruin it.
Thanks!