If I may steal this thread back;

I rebuilt the brakes on my '53 completely stock and have used it this way for the past 5 years as my daily driver. Never had an issue untill my wife and I were leaving a car show one day. Running about 55mph with a hot rod on my tail. I applied the brakes to make a left hand turn and the front drivers side brake grabbed hard and pulled me into the left lane. The hot rod behind me gunned it to pass and I had a car coming at me head on. The only thing I could do was stand on the brake and try to make my turn. I made the turn slideing sideways and ended it going backward.

Air in ONE BRAKE LINE reduced the brakeing power of the front passenger and both rear wheels so that I was useing ONE FRONT BRAKE.

It doesn't matter how good a driver you are, no brakes is no brakes. I could have killed someone. I could have killed my wife. The brakes worked great up to that moment, but I would have blamed myself if some one got hurt because I didn't make one simple upgade.

I will probably keep the drum brakes, they work great, but I WILL BE replaceing the SINGLE res master for a DOUBLE res master. (And seat belts)