Good afternoon. I'm looking for assistance/advice on how to proceed. We have a 1952 3100 that had no brakes when we purchased it. The Master Cylinder is empty. The bleeder screes appear to be broken off up front. There is no parking brake cables.
We want to just get the truck drivable so that my son can drive it to school and we can drive it around some on the weekends. We live in a large city where all roads are mostly 45 mph posted and multi-lane.
I was planning on putting in new lines regardless of which route we go down. I am assuming that if I stick with what I have, I will need to buy a new MC, new wheel cylinders and what else for the drums?
Or, should I just go with disc brakes up front? The truck is has 6 bolt hubs. From what I have read, the "stock" wheels do not work with the kits. We aren't concerned about that other than cost.
How much money and effort will I be spending to keep what I have and getting everything upgraded vs getting disc brakes up front? I've never driven one of these older trucks so I am really clueless on what the drum brakes feel like. What is the return on investment? How much greater is the stopping? 10%, 50%, 100%?
Thank you in advance.