| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2002 Posts: 154 | Thanks for the info. I got the cyls. cleaned up and cleaned the tops of the pistons off and found out it had been bored .040 over and no ring groove! it was stuck from surface rust in cyls. after a clean up with a wire wheel on a die grinder and some good old WD40 and soak for about 1/2 hour I turned it with a crowbar at the flywheel.Great not stuck any more!! This motor has been sitting in a shed for 30 years without a head on it. Ok enough history. What does the cubic inches work out to after the .040 bore?? I can't remember the formula.Would it be a good idea to put new rings and bearings in while the mortor is out? I am going to replace the rear main seal and all gaskets.THANKS again Eric | | |
| |
| |