jw51, JCarter gives, or did the last time I ordered, stovebolters a 10% discount IF you have made a contribution to the bolt...which I always do. The other good part is/was that JC use to always only charge the actual shipping charges so no inflation there. I need to check all this out....next week, as I need to order some stuff.
I did not mention but yes, my radiator is copper and I ordered it with the automatic cooler in the bottom. ME355A was the number back then and I knew a person who worked there for 15 years. He knew his stuff. I wish he was still there!!! Many of you may know who I'm talking about!
EDIT: the same radiator now is $425
http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/cart/product.asp?prodid=ME355A&i=|ME355A||||
JW, on the 37 aluminum radiator I purchased it through a shop in New York. It is truly a Griffin radiator but for what ever reason Griffin was a lot higher. Its been a while but even "back then" I only paid $250 for it delivered to my door but it had to go to NY then back to me.....when Griffin was only about 25 miles from my house. It was through Cap-A-Radiator (two years ago) and it was nice dealing with them.
All this may not mean anything in this day and time but it bears out the fact that if one will take the time....he can save the dough.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 07/15/2014 4:08 AM.