Was doing some research and was wondering what the Factory Setting for Timing are for my First Generation 1929 194CI 6-Cylinder.

I have an Old Document Titled "Specifications International Jan. 1, 1929" and it list the following:
...Spark Control Type: Semi-Automatic
...Firing Order: 1-5-3-6-2-4
...Timing, Spark Advanced: 12 Degree BTDC
...Distributer Interrupter Point Opening: .030

Then on Another Paper titled: "Standard Auto-Electrician's Manual" dated 1929:
...Spark Plug - Gap: .025
...Firing Order: 1-5-3-6-2-4
...Breaker-Contact Separation: .018 - .022

I know the Most Common recommended Settings are:
...Spark Plug - Gap: .040
...Firing Order: 1-5-3-6-2-4
...Breaker-Contact Separation: .018
...Timing, Spark Advanced: 18 Degree BTDC

I would like to know what everyone's View is on the Chevrolet Factory Settings for:
...Spark Plug - Gap: _____
...Breaker-Contact Separation: ___
...Timing, Spark Advanced: __ Degree BTDC

trying to get back to my 1929, want to set it up to Factory specs get it right, then venture over to the Most Common Recommended Specs.

Also read in a Post about going to .045 gap on the plugs, and may run smoother/ happier ?? Any thoughts on that or test, trials ??

I am currently using AC Delco C86 plugs, but also understand a modern day substitute would be the C87 Plugs which are readily available, would the C87 follow the same guidelines as the C86 ??


1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door
1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express Truck
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
[/font]
- - In the Stovebolt Gallery
-- In the Gallery Forum