Here's another question regarding newly installed 235. I filled the tranny with gear oil after installation. Today when rereading the shop manual I noticed that in the section about installing the engine (in a half-ton) it says to remove the speedometer gear and fill the rear-most part of the tranny with 1 1/2 pints of gear oil, to lube the universal joint.
So I did this, it took a whole quart of oil.
There is nothing about this in the section about installing just the transmission.
Have I misunderstood something? Do we need to fill two sections of the tranny?

Karl


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe