| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,717 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#10254 03/15/2005 9:29 PM | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 20 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 20 | OK, I think I may have slipped the timing chain or gears (whatever is in there). In Chevie's infinite wisdom, it appers that I have to pull the pan to remove the timing cover.
unfortunately, my Grandpas old truck is covered in chicken chit. To the point that I can't really see what I'm up against.
1. What is the easiest way to inspect the timing chain/gears? Is the motor mount an issue?
2. Is this a common failure for the 235s of this era (1962, 94k miles)?
Background: It was purring like a kitten, then I killed it at a stop sign engaging 1st gear with the clutch. It's never been right since. I've replaced all of the ignition, and put the dizzy in every gear on the cam. The dizzy spins with the engine. But, it only backfires. fuel pump working, carb rebuilt just before it quit, and it was running good.
62 1/2 Ton Stepside, 3 on the tree and 235 I6 Grandpa gave it to me, it is straight and original with about 90K original miles..
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
235, 62 1/2 Ton, Pulling oil Pan?
| gtex | 03/15/2005 9:29 PM |
Re: 235, 62 1/2 Ton, Pulling oil Pan?
| 8trackdude | 03/15/2005 9:43 PM |
Re: 235, 62 1/2 Ton, Pulling oil Pan?
| Hotrod Lincoln | 03/15/2005 9:54 PM |
Re: 235, 62 1/2 Ton, Pulling oil Pan?
| gtex | 03/16/2005 3:57 PM |
Re: 235, 62 1/2 Ton, Pulling oil Pan?
| Fred T | 03/16/2005 5:56 PM |
Re: 235, 62 1/2 Ton, Pulling oil Pan?
| 8trackdude | 03/16/2005 7:18 PM |
Re: 235, 62 1/2 Ton, Pulling oil Pan?
| Fred T | 03/16/2005 8:58 PM | |
| |
| |