We had a competitor at the Merced CA dirt track who ran nothing but 301's, and revved them to 8K by the end of the straightaway. He usually hand-grenaded about 3 engines a season, but as long as they stayed together, he was hard to catch!

It just happens that 283 pistons fit a Model A Ford engine with a little massaging of the connecting rod bushings, and I've got an old block that's been bored WAY oversize. I believe I can clean it up with a 4" bore job, and a set of high-compression 301 pistons just might make it a "sleeper" if the lower end will hold together with the compression increase. That's the reason for only needing 4 pistons, and I'm not above cleaning up some used ones for an experimental project.
Thanks, all!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!