Originally Posted by jbennett
Hotrod Lincoln, have you looked at a sleeve kit for a farmall m
tractor, 4inch bore,,, low cost flat top piston, Just a thought
jbennett

There's not enough block strength to bore it out that far- - - -a wet sleeve kit would require a huge overbore. There is enough cylinder wall thickness to accomodate a 4" piston, or an overbore and a thinwall sleeve job back to the standard size 3 7/8" bore. I was just thinking outside the box with the domed 301/302 Chevy piston for a compression increase. There used to be lots of partial high-compression piston sets stashed away in hotrod shops, leftovers from blown-up drag race or round track engines. I guess I'm just 40 years or so past my shelf life!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!