Thank you for the responses. Ive already removed the fender and radiator assembly, so whether or not I do an on frame rebuild or pull the engine, it will be easier.

I did add oil to the cylinders and turned it over, as one post indicated. The pressure changed on a few, but not the cylinders with 0 compression. After reading the postings, it makes me think it is more valves which makes me think Ill pull head before pulling entire engine. Reading that the piston rings will loosen up after running also makes me think of pulling head before pulling entire engine. I did put fresh oil in car and will use separate gas can to siphon gas into carb on first start. The original gas tank is rusted through regardless.

One thing I did notice when removing valve cover-the oil line that runs from block to rocker arms had a plug on the driver side of the channel. Looking at the diagram it appears that the oil line originally ran up from the block on the passenger side, over the rocker arm, and then down into the rocker arms from the driver side. Mine goes straight in on the passenger side, and then the driver side of the oil line had a plug in it. Any ideas why this might have been done?

Judson