Originally Posted by Judson
Dave,

It is really good to read your story. You right, you are ahead of me in the process, but it sounds like we have a similar philosophy of our goals for our respective trucks/cars. I would like to keep my 216 and for now keep the 6v. Fortunately when the car was towed out of the barn it had almost everything in it...including many mice nests!

The first thing I did was to begin to tear out the interior because of that...the mice and rat poo and nest was not ideal conditions to work in. Now I am making my way to the dash and the engine and that is why I started posting here on Stovebolt.com.
Yeah, all kinds of critters used my interior as a head too. After I stripped it out it took a couple months for the stink to get out grin
One thing, out of curiosity I did pour water into the radiator and it came back out the bottom so I am assuming there is a leak in the radiator that I will need to fix before trying to connect it to the battery and turn it over. Like you, one of my first priorities was to get that 6v battery and see what would happen. (By the way, the car didnt have a key so I have to get one made-I hear the code is stamped on the driver side lock)
Could be a busted lower radiator hose or open drain cock, double check those. I also had to pull my keyswitch to get some keys made. They were able to find a code on that lock cylinder also.
Now that Im taking apart the dash, however, it doesnt seem like Im going to be able to see if it fires up because all the wires will be disconnected to the starter and such...
These old vehicles are all too easy to hot wire so you don't need the switch in to test. Theres battery voltage sitting on the large starter terminal at all times so just run a jumper from it to th coils pos terminal and you will get spark.
I appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

Judson