The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (cmayna, 3B, Leo, 39Master85, Otto Skorzeny), 87 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,075
Posts1,056,279
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
My truck is an 1949 Chevy 1/2 ton short bed. I live in Vicksburg, MS. My wife and I drove to Atlanta, Georgia to buy this truck. It was not finished. We found it in "Hemming Motor News." We arrived at midnight and it was really to late to test drive it so we told the man to load it on my trailer. Mistake. It had a lot of issues, more than I expected. Some of the stuff was right though. Wonderful brakes, steering,nice bed (inside) The engine did not run as good as it looked but I've been working on that and other things. All in all I guess I got my moneys worth. I'll have some pictures updated soon. I've been working on it for the last year. No help just me. But I think that's the way it goes. I'm 60 now and not as good as I use to be. Stay tuned for some more photos. A couple of pictures of when I bought the truck are on photo Bucket, but don't ask me how to view them. I'm just lucky that I got them on Photo Bucket. Be sure and click on All Albums to view pictures.

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/12/2025 7:45 PM.

1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Sounds like your getting it done. Time and patience is just as important as money!!

Go to your photobucket.... then go to the top of the page and right click on the web address...a little drop down box will show up and click COPY.... then when you type in a post here you then Right click.... the little drop down box will reappear and then you click on PASTE and like magic the photobucket link will appear in your post.
You can also put it in your signature/profile information and have it show up like mine do on the bottom of all my post. Then you don't have to keep pasting it in.......if all else fails then post the link in the DIY forum and they will fix it for you if you ask.
Don't give up. We like pictures!! good luck.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
Hello Achipmunk. If I got the pictures on there it's only because of your easy to follow instructions. Thanks a bunch. Steven


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
#686305 10/15/2010 3:02 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
Well, hello to all. My name is Steven Carlisle. I live in Mississippi. I finally got some pictures of my truck in DITY. I bought the truck in Atlanta, Ga. about a year ago. It was about 90% restored. I've had to re-do a lot of things on the truck. I'm 60 years old and a fair mech., but I had forgotten so many things about the old Chevys. Stovebolt has been my only place to find out about things I'd forgotten. The people are so willing to give advise. I thank you all. You're the best. I'm not through on the truck but am getting close. I'll start on the 1951 3/4 ton next. Lord willing. I love these old trucks. My Father let me use his 1953 to date in. Hey I was glad to get it. If you want to know anything about the truck just email me or post it on the forum. Take care my friends. Steven

Last edited by J Lucas; 02/23/2011 3:31 AM.

1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 378
When you click on my link be sure and go "All my Albums." That will bring up the albums I've posted so far. Thanks


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton ~ Red Truck

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0