The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Wally / Montana, BCBill, Gdads51, 66flea, Rusted Nut), 182 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,176
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
It all started when in January of 09 I had to retire. My Daughter and My Son in law gave Me their 1952 3100 they just bought on E-Bay, to keep Me busy. It came home on a tow truck soon afterwards. My first thought was: "What did I get Myself into!!!!" Rust every where all four corners floor,fenders bed I mean every where.

So I never did any thing like this before so where do I start?Spent more than a few days just setting in the garage looking at this truck.Got some books and read about body work and restoring and making a plan.Well I thought start from the bottom and work You're way up.Tore it down to the frame and the rest is history.

Tools were the next hurdle so the Kids started the lend lease act for Pa Pas 52, mig welder from one body tools from another etc,etc.

I got help from all 4 kids and 3 Kid in laws but best of all were the 6 Grand kids they kept Me laughing.No TV for them when I baby sit.Work in the garage on the truck get dirty and have fun.

Many thanks to every one on the bolt You're the best source of info I could have.
http://s559.photobucket.com/albums/ss39/sparky52/finished%20truck/
Pete

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/15/2025 6:14 PM.
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 5
Beautiful! Great sotry and great looking truck!

Joe

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Nice job, Pete. I like the part about no TV when the grandkids are around. Mine come over and a can of spray paint, a hammer, piece of wood and some nails for the little ones kep them busy while I try to teach the bigger ones something about Stovebolts. Live is good..... and the smile on my 5 year old grandaughter when I "step on the gas' in the 37 is priceless.

I'm sure you and the kids will certainly be buying a lot of icecream this summer making trips in the pickup! Nice, Pete, nice


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Already started doing that, and when My little ones are in the truck with Me they wave there arms out the window and smile from ear to ear they know they worked on her and helped PA PA .

Pete

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 21
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 21
Is the correct location for the oil filter can on the intake or is it on the driverside inner fender,where mine is currently located?Thanks for any input.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
nedde, this would be a question for the engine forum or generl truck talk. Not everyone visits here in the Welcome Centre/DIY.
I believe the proper place for the filter is on the manifold. I'm sure someone will confirm.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0