The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dennys28, Oswald, GRNHydra, Southerntruck), 135 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 42
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 42
Here's my submission for the stovebolt gallery. It's my 1953 GMC I bought about a year ago. I towed it all the way home from Dallas, TX.
It was already mounted on a '76 chevy pickup crossmember and suspension and therefore has ps, pb, and IFS, a 350 v8 and 350 transmission with what I believe is a 3.73 gear ratio. However, I like the looks of original stovebolts and don't like the way the wheels look, especially how the front tires stick out of the fenders about 3 inches. Luckily, the frame is uncut so I may be able to convert it back to original one day. It does drive pretty nice. The truck was lowered when I bought it so I raised it about 3 inches to a ride height I could live with. I have always wanted one of these 5-window trucks and hope to have this one for a long time. The truck was in primer when I bought it and had a lot of dents but the frame and underneath was in really nice shape and there was little rust except in the pass. side cab corner which I replaced with a patch panel that came with the truck. The truck also came with a cutout fender and side spare mount which I may use one day. I just did the bodywork and painted it in my back yard just yesterday and don't even have it all back together yet. It took me quite a few hours of work over the last couple of weeks while I've been on vacation. I still hope to ad a splash pan and front/rear bumpers soon. I'm now trying to work out all the kinks and get it in good running condition with help from fellow stovebolters here who have been really helpful. I hope to use it to tow my fishing boat and duck hunting boat with all my old OMC outboards which I love to restore. You may notice the trailer hitch I fabricated underneath the rear bumper. I'm only 36 years old, but have always admired the '50s automobiles, outboards, and guns due to the fact that they were all fine examples of American engineering that were made to last a lifetime or two. I am heavily biased toward GM products, Browning/Winchester/Remington guns, and Johnson/Evinrude outboards. I just love 'em.
I have had a lot of fun looking at everyone else's stovebolts here and hope you enjoy a couple of my pics.

webshots
Thanks for a really neat website,
JBJennings

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 12:31 AM. Reason: fix title
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Thats a nice looking pickup.... and I like the color. Nice and clean looking. Thanks for the pics and be sure to check in often. See ya around the garage.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0