The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Here is another 1949 Chev that I have wanted for awhile. It is a 3800 that I actually found on Ebay. It was located in Kansas about 139 miles from the house. I placed a bid laughing to myself that it would go for at least four times my bid. The auction was supposed to end on a Sunday afternoon. I was at my parents in a different rural part of kansas where I had no cell signal or internet. Well around the time the auction was ending I was joking around that we had added another truck to the garage. I was sure I had been out bid. The truck looked good, was in running shape, and it was currently owned by the 2nd owner. also only had 74,000 on the clock.

Well anyways the phone rings and my Mom tells me it is for me and it is my brother who had been watching the auction calling me to tell me that I had won the truck.

So I had him sign in and he read the email from the owner's daughter telling me to call her father to set up a delivery and payment info.

I called her father(Don) and he said cash was fine, this was his first ebay auction and he did not even own a computer. He told me that he had bought the truck in '74 from the original owner who was a local farmer, and that He(Don) had used the truck to haul small loads of dirt for his grave digging business.
He said that he only put 5,000 miles on the truck since he bought it(which the titled verified) and that other than a few dents and missing boards it was pretty much as he bought it. I drove out the next day to check it out, and make payment.
The truck was in good shape- the headliner was starting to fall in, and the door pads had fallen apart. the rubber floor mat was gone. and the exhaust had fallen apart. other than that the truck ran very well(albeit loud) hydraulic dump bed worked very well- brakes needed a little attn but were not bad. drove very well. and just needed a good wash and wax, and some minor freshening up. . . and an exhaust system.

truck has a four speed(with PTO) with cabled hand brake, a 216 with high capacity radiator, fresh air heater, three cab top lights, 7.00 x 18 wheels(dually rear) and It is my mental image of a farm/ranch truck. I plan to keep it mostly original. I will clean and repaint the interior the original color- wax the outside and tend to a few dents, new seals and rubber- fresh wiring harness, overhaul the brake system and new wood for the bed fencing. also will re-build the seat. the original owners manual is in the glove box and the truck has one option listed other than the hydraulic bed on the inside of the front cover. The Truck has a commercial red grain seat cover. Which I will replace with the same material. the option was added at no charge according to the booklet.
1949 3800 Ranchmaster


Enjoy the pics

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/10/2025 11:34 PM. Reason: fix title



1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
that looks like a great old dump truck, congrats


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Looks like you got a good one. Congratulations!! I'll bet if you buffed out that paint, it would look almost like new!!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
I have started on it and it looks nice and shiny, I will post some post buffing pics at some point




1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Nice straight looking truck Yelostn.....

Apart from the 'battle scarred' grille and fender! (It gives it character) wink

I look forward to seeing the shiny pics. thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
I am working on the grill to straighten it somewhat- I want this truck to be fairly original and the workhorse of my fleet.




1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
what other info do I need to get it added to the gallery?




1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton


Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0