The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, Wally / Montana, Jeff Ogden, Peggy M, amtrakjoe, moparguy, mvigo, walter74), 83 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,702
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
I know this has been gone through about a hundred times. But it is time for a new radiator, I want the good old fashioned brass one.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
That would be a copper with brass tank. Speedway Motors $600-700. shipped.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Look up "big ol'dawg and send him a PM. I seen him in Columbia today and he had a nice new radiator that he purchased that bolted right in like its suppose to. Can't remember the exact price but it was a bit less than $200.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
US Radiator, made right here in the US still. That's where a lot
of the vendors get theirs from and just tack on a couple hundred
for their profit.
DG


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 215
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 215
You might check with a local radiator shop. Mine had several rebuilt ones sitting in stock.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
I've bought a couple from these guys and pleased with the radiators.

www.autocityclassic.com

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Does everyone realize he is asking for NON Aluminum? He says: "Brass" (Copper).
As far as I can tell, the Companies suggested have only Aluminum for AD except the one I stated. There are dozens of places to buy radiators but not many offer Brass/Copper and they ain't $200. smile
I think he has AD. I am not 100% positive. He does not say. When I searched for him, I only searched AD.
Brokenhead: With the price of Brass/Copper, the question may not be "where is best place" but "where is any place" grin Good luck, I'll keep looking. If budget/availability is tight, you may rethink to Aluminum, nothing wrong with that. But shiny brass is pretty neat.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
Oh no it is a 53 3100, and oh yes it has to be brass/copper, I found a couple for around $500, LMC has them for around $300, but I am not sure of their origin. I am tired of chasing leaks.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

I think that you are not the only one who realizes that he is asking for NON Aluminum.

I do not know what year radiator brokenhead is looking for.

But, I did not know that US Radiator, recommended by Denny, has stopped making 47-55 (48-54) Chevrolet 1/2-3/4 ton truck copper/brass radiators?

http://www.usradiator.com/chevrolet-truck-1948-54-6-cyl-radiator.html

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Thanks for setting me straight. Don't see how to buy direct, so I looked at a suggested vendor, Brothers, they don't say if it's brass/Copper in the description I saw.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
I just got one from US Radiator. Nice thing about this new one is it uses 3 rows by using smaller diameter lines to keep the same size as the old original one. Looks great and they say it will cool much better than original. Paid $600 or so. Not cheap, but with plans for AC, and it being a 261, I feel better. Its the standard old style brass radiator. No aluminum.

CLassic Truck Parts is a US Radiator vendor. Just call them and give them the US Radiator part number and it will be there in about a month. They make them to order.

Last edited by Deve; 05/11/2014 10:48 PM.

Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
When your done dancing around just order a "brass/copper"
radiator directly from US Radiator. Been in business for
about half a century:

http://www.usradiator.com/

Let your fingers do the walking bart instead of you opinion.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
yeah, I have pretty much come to that conclusion, there is a place right down the street that is their local vendor. Thanks guys.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
P
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
P Online: Content
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
The Brassworks is still freshly listed in the Lots O Links page. I think when they first put in their link, we had a little promo in the corner ad spot. Thought they had a deal going. Was going to run it for a year (maybe free shipping) and we suggested they take a bite at a time.

Give them a call and see what shakes from the tree. They were super nice folks on the phone.

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"Success comes in 'cans' ..."
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
Thanks Peggy, I recall seeing that place now. But I just ordered one from us radiator, and for an extra $50 they will polish the top tank and make sure everything is real nice since it is on display. And after polishing the top tank on the old one, $50 sure seems reasonable to me.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
P
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
P Online: Content
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,089
Well that's good. I know what you mean about money well spent vs time.

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"Success comes in 'cans' ..."

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0