Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,467 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 291 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 291 | I will be starting to assemble my truck in January after painting is done. It had an old mopar heating unit under the dash that I'm not putting back in there. Therefore,I have no heating system or parts. I don't mind after market for this stuff. Suggestions will be appreciated. ( all I have is the hole through the cowl and I would like to get the heater back in that spot) | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | Hardshell Check this out…options for defrost, etc. Used similar but older unit in a little Jeepster I built and worked great. Not stock, but should put out the heat you need this time of year! They are available at various places online so, shop a bit for best price. http://www.flex-a-lite.com/mojave-heater-3.html | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | Hardshell
Check this out…options for defrost, etc.
Used similar but older unit in a little Jeepster I built and worked great.
Not stock, but should put out the heat you need this time of year!
They are available at various places online so, shop a bit for best price.
http://www.flex-a-lite.com/mojave-heater-3.html | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | The period correct Harrison fresh air heater works great in my 50. H-02-47 I upgraded to 12 volt motor, switch gives me three speeds, usually only need low. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,282 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,282 | I had an Arvin recirculating heater in my 52. It would melt the shoes off the Old Lady. I prefer the recirculating type as it seems to eliminate a lot of fogging up of the windshield on cold, wet days. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Hardshell Check this out…options for defrost, etc. Used similar but older unit in a little Jeepster I built and worked great. Not stock, but should put out the heat you need this time of year! They are available at various places online so, shop a bit for best price. http://www.flex-a-lite.com/mojave-heater-3.html
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | H-02-47
that one looks great, I'll post a pic of the one I have, no idea where it came from | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 38 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2001 Posts: 38 | Are u still looking for a heater for your truck Frank | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 465 | The period correct Harrison fresh air heater works great in my 50. H-02-47 I upgraded to 12 volt motor, switch gives me three speeds, usually only need low. So that is what the hole in cowl is for, mine was covered. | | |
| |