The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (GDW, Hotrod Lincoln, Gdads51, Jon G, ndkid275), 172 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,455
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 291
I will be starting to assemble my truck in January after painting is done. It had an old mopar heating unit under the dash that I'm not putting back in there. Therefore,I have no heating system or parts. I don't mind after market for this stuff. Suggestions will be appreciated. ( all I have is the hole through the cowl and I would like to get the heater back in that spot)


1950 Chevy 3100
In the DITY Gallery
In the Gallery Forum
77 International Scout ll
96 F-150 ext cab 4x4
2000 Tahoe
2011 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
Hardshell

Check this out…options for defrost, etc.
Used similar but older unit in a little Jeepster I built and worked great.
Not stock, but should put out the heat you need this time of year!
They are available at various places online so, shop a bit for best price.

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/mojave-heater-3.html

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
Hardshell Check this out…options for defrost, etc. Used similar but older unit in a little Jeepster I built and worked great. Not stock, but should put out the heat you need this time of year! They are available at various places online so, shop a bit for best price. http://www.flex-a-lite.com/mojave-heater-3.html

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
The period correct Harrison fresh air heater works great in my 50.

H-02-47

I upgraded to 12 volt motor, switch gives me three speeds, usually only need low.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
These are the two correct heaters for a 1950 truck if you are looking to go that way. Rebuilt they are both good heaters and will run you out of the small cab.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129448404/in/set-72157631868452754
Advertise in Swap Meet if you want one, good,rebuildable or driver examples go for $75-150. Rebuilt units or NOS on eBay from $150-$600. There are a couple more parts involved with the Air-Flow retrofit. The recirculating heater has basically 6 two block off plates, switch, vents, and the heater. When new they represented a fairly significant investment, you can see the dealer installed price here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8131119579/in/set-72157631872034068

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
I had an Arvin recirculating heater in my 52. It would melt the shoes off the Old Lady. I prefer the recirculating type as it seems to eliminate a lot of fogging up of the windshield on cold, wet days.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by Squire
Hardshell

Check this out…options for defrost, etc.
Used similar but older unit in a little Jeepster I built and worked great.
Not stock, but should put out the heat you need this time of year!
They are available at various places online so, shop a bit for best price.

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/mojave-heater-3.html


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
H-02-47

that one looks great,
I'll post a pic of the one I have, no idea where it came from


just-a-hacker


'49 3100 before '99
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 38
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 38
Are u still looking for a heater for your truck
Frank

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 465
Originally Posted by DADS50
The period correct Harrison fresh air heater works great in my 50.

H-02-47

I upgraded to 12 volt motor, switch gives me three speeds, usually only need low.


So that is what the hole in cowl is for, mine was covered.


just-a-hacker


'49 3100 before '99

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0