I actually have a 4.11 geared 14 bolt out of an 83 SRW truck in my garage right now. My original plans were to use hubs from a 14 bolt Dually to narrow things up a bit. I ran into some issues when it came to figuring out the brakes.
I would have use a Drum off a later model Van and use a spacer on the backing plates. Or, I could go disc brakes.
I robbed calipers and rotors from an 03 van for my project so I could parking brake. Well, the rotor only fits the early hub from the backside, Which moves everything inboard ALOT.
On a whim, I put the Hubs from my 54 on the 14 bolt. As it turns out, The WMS on the axle is only going to be 64.5" vs 63" for the dually hubs. An added bonus is the rotors slide right over the early hubs.
I haven't been to the maching shop to have an axle flange made, but everything looks reall promising.
You can get the complete bracket assembly from a Chevy dealer. If I remember correctly, it was under $100 per side. The van brackets cost slightly more than the trucks though.
parts breakdown Dually hub and rotor