| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,671 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 49 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 49 | I started tearing into my 53 suburban and I found a bunch of broken off rear fender bolts. Is drill and tap the best approach or can you get these nut inserts somehwere?
Thanks Marc | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | If you can save them by drill and tap method or heat is the best way, otherwise you will have to cut and replace the nuts. They are available but it takes time and work to put them in. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 49 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 49 | Thank you. By the lack of responses I figured that might be the case. I apprecaite it.
Marc | | |
| |
| |