Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,295 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 |
Robert C. If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes," I'm a Genius in the making. 1950 3600 | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Phew! That is a ton of metal work. Really neat.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 255 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 255 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 |
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 | I highly admire such craftmanship. It also just so happens that my 49 3100 shares "stable" space with a German engineered and built air cooled rear engined 72 Karmann Ghia, so I guess it's no wonder I have no problem seeing this combination. Course mine are gonna stay separate and independant as I highly enjoy their differences. And I don't possess such skills as witnessed in this thread  . Dave | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | He did awesome work on it. I don't think the flatter back of the AD cab looks right with the round volks roof and body. It kind of looks like someone kicked it in the back of the head (cab). Great work, not my style but I can appreciate that it's someone else's dream.
I'm not a fan of the bug drivetrains though. If this were my dream it would be on a full frame with a front-mounted SBC and rear-drive. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 388 | thats a TON of cork, and turned out really nice! Not my cup of tea (if the front was a little flatter, and less bug looking, it'd be better). But WOW, what a job he did! Really cool to see the step by step! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | Makes me tired just looking through the pictures, quite a transformation. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 1,775 | Dare to be different. I love it. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 | I'm an old bug fan and I think this is such a cool project. The 5 window would be nice but I can only imagine the work in that. If I had the patience and shop, I'd love to build one, maybe work an AD front end in some how. Very Cool! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 940 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 940 | That thing is awesome!  | | |
| |