The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (dt235sd, Rich'sToys, wilbur53, Stovebolt48), 173 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,288
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#984349 11/07/2013 6:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 126
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 126
54 3100

I just put new tires on my truck. I'm installing a mono leaf spring set next week that drops the rear 5" but I noticed the tires seem to stick out past the rear fender. Does anyone have experience with this or a solution?

http://imgur.com/WlCUnAP
http://imgur.com/tNZogki

My tire size is 265/60R15

Last edited by FPMnky; 11/07/2013 6:20 PM.

DJ __|__
--O-(_)-O--
'54 Chevy 3100
http://imgur.com/5XR6yO3
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
Wider fenders?
www.streetrodhq.com
Item # 3682835W

Wheels with less backspacing?

regards,
Leon

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 568
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 568
Wheels or I put a jack handle on the tire and rolled the fender for a slight flare. It's hillbilly but it worked and didn't crease. I have a 6" drop and 18" wheels on a 65 c10 long bed. Good luck to ya.


I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 126
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 126
I'm not sure if there is any back spacing to remove.


DJ __|__
--O-(_)-O--
'54 Chevy 3100
http://imgur.com/5XR6yO3
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 568
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 568
Back spacing on the wheels. I run 18x10 with 5.5 back spacing. Like reverse deep dish wheels. It's an offset. You may need different wheels.

Last edited by Hollow65; 11/08/2013 2:49 AM.

I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
If there isn't any room for wheels with more backspacing, you might need to go to a 1" narrower wheel. Since I really don't like the look of widened fenders I would be looking for wheels that fit within the fenders, or get custom ones made. What wheels are on the truck?


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0