| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
108
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 | 54 3100 I just put new tires on my truck. I'm installing a mono leaf spring set next week that drops the rear 5" but I noticed the tires seem to stick out past the rear fender. Does anyone have experience with this or a solution? http://imgur.com/WlCUnAPhttp://imgur.com/tNZogkiMy tire size is 265/60R15
Last edited by FPMnky; 11/07/2013 6:20 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | Wider fenders? www.streetrodhq.comItem # 3682835W Wheels with less backspacing? regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 568 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 568 | Wheels or I put a jack handle on the tire and rolled the fender for a slight flare. It's hillbilly but it worked and didn't crease. I have a 6" drop and 18" wheels on a 65 c10 long bed. Good luck to ya.
I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 126 | I'm not sure if there is any back spacing to remove. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 568 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 568 | Back spacing on the wheels. I run 18x10 with 5.5 back spacing. Like reverse deep dish wheels. It's an offset. You may need different wheels.
Last edited by Hollow65; 11/08/2013 2:49 AM.
I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | If there isn't any room for wheels with more backspacing, you might need to go to a 1" narrower wheel. Since I really don't like the look of widened fenders I would be looking for wheels that fit within the fenders, or get custom ones made. What wheels are on the truck? | | |
| |
| |