| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | I purchased a 48 GMC 1 ton a few weeks ago and was looking her over last weekend. I noticed that there is no access route for a hand crank through the front grill. Was the hand crank included or optioned in 48?
Also the tires are 800 x 17.5. Are these tires still made for highway use on passenger vehicles? All I find on the internet are trailer tires in 17.5 size. My buddy gave me two 17" rims so if i can find two more I could go with them. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 940 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 940 | Not sure about the GMCs but option I think on the chevys...definitely not included tho. If you squat down you should be able to see the indent behind the grill. Here it is on my '51 3100 http://rustyfiftyone.com/unstuck-valve/ | | |
| |
| |