The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, tclederman, klhansen), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,641
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 32
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 32
Figured I should say hi.

I am working on a 46 1/2. I am using a rear 1980 C10 frame and a 74 Camaro sub frame.
The frame is already welded together, cab is on, engine is in. We are currently
building brackets to hold the radiator support to the camaro sub frame.

Front clip is 90% on.

Have to 4 link the Camaro rear end to the C10 frame next.

Keeping the old look of the truck. Full fenders. It will be bagged
so I can lay running boards. But it will look like a truck. Not so much
a custom rat rod. I am not going to restore the body. Will leave it
pretty much a bucket of rust.

Thanks for the help so far,
Gordon

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 32
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 32
Going to try to post a picture of one of the trucks I started with.
if it works I will add more.
http://gordonfrench.com/46/soon.jpg

so.. I see basic bbcode is disabled.
I read the sticky on posting images. Seems we are only allowed to link to them
[img]http://gordonfrench.com/46/soon.jpg[/img]

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Gordon. I really like the styling of the 46s, good that you plan to leave the correct look. Sounds like you have lots of fabricating to do. Hope everything comes together for you, just ask in the appropriate forum if you need help or advice.

Leo

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
Welcome to the Stovebolt...

huge fan of the Art Deco, will be interesting to see how your project comes out.


1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door
1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express Truck
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
[/font]
- - In the Stovebolt Gallery
-- In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,088
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,088
Sweet project.

Did you see the two '46s just listed in the Gallery?

Welcome to the 'Bolt and good luck with the project. The gang is here to help.

Thanks for working with us on the photo LINKS rule!

Peggy M


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0