| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,714 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 | I've been following this truck's listing and was admiring the pictures because of it's rarity and because I own one. Everything looks the same as mine except the larger wheels and the driveshaft to the rear axle. Anyone know if this was common? or what it may have been transplanted from? I know the 1/2 tons were torque tubed as well as the first shaft in 3/4 tons but I thought all larger trucks were open. On a side note. Mines about the same condition with extra sheet metal. Maybe I should list it (not!) This guy wants crazy money and apparently still isn't satisfied. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 187 | Not a one ton,10 lug with 20 in. tires.
_____________ Floyd If we choose being kind over being right,we will be right every time. Knowledge is a poor substitute for experience. Remember what is precious to another, may not be to you, but it is precious nonetheless. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 | My 41 1 ton Long Bed, 134 inch wheel base,4 speed transmission has an open drive shaft stock. It may have depended on the wheel base. My wheels are 6 lug 17 inch split rims.
Check your Vin # that will give you the weight rating for your chassis. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 | I agree that it is not a 1 ton but rather a 1.5 ton due to the wheels. I checked the 1946 specification manual and it's supposed to have an open driveshaft at the rear. Must have been modified at some point. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | The truck itself is a 1.5 ton Express, however, the rear axle is not original to that truck. From what I've found in the manuals and the Resto Packs, it appears to possibly be a '39 or older 1 ton/1.5 ton axle, which did use an enclosed rear shaft.
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |
| |