The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Shade Baby, Patharr, Ponchogl, TrknGMC, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 98 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,311
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#979779 10/19/2013 5:54 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29
Yep, my sickness is now confirmed. I own a 1950 3100 Panel truck. And yes, pictures will be coming soon. I've just been cleaning up/tearing out the old, non-stock bucket seats and home carpet from the cab area. Damm, why do people still do that practice. And yes, there is rustout in the front floors and toe board areas. Not a hard thing to fix, just time consuming.

What supplier has the best shop manual for my panel that will show the chassis and all the body/running board mounts and pics of the support brackets? OR, does anyone have those pics?
Thanks,
Mike

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
DandM, the reprints from the vendors will most likely, as far as I know, be all the same. I suggest a Service/Repair manual and also a Factory Assembly Manual (FAM)

Welcome to the world of Panels and Suburban's. We are here to help so don't be shy. Until you get a copy of the books mentioned above you can enjoy the online manuals a fellow bolter, Keith Hardy, has done. At least it'll keep you busy till you get your hard copy. Seeing as your in Kansas your not very far from a couple of vendors!!

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29
Thanks Achipmunk!
What vendors in Kansas would you be refering to?
Also, I just might take a shot at making my own replacement panels for the front floor, so, would 18 gauge metal be ok?

Thanks,
Mike

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Lmc trucks in lenexa,ks lmc trucks
classic parts of america in riverside,mo classic parts of america
jim carter trucks parts in independence,mo jim carters
bowtiebits in Wichita,ks bowtiebits


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
18 guage would be fine. I might add to check the toe board real good. many times part of the toeboard is rotted out like the floorboard. If the toe board is rotted only part way up you can get a one piece replacement floorboard that has part of the toe board.... all as one piece. Just saying........


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 29
Thanks for the info guys.

Another question - are the running boards the same length for a 1/2 ton truck and a 1/2 ton panel?

Thanks,
Mike

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Yes - they are the same running boards.

There is no need for the running board to bed apron. Jim Carter sells rubber plugs for the unused bolt holes.


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0