| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,332 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 105 | Hey guys, quick question here. I'm getting ready to drop in a 305 out of my 92 Camaro into my 51 3600. I have an t56 six speed that is freshly rebuilt. The t56 is an LT1 t56. Does anyone here know what clutch and fly wheel I should us to put these two together? I believe the LT1 and 305 use different size flywheels. Also after installing the 305 t56 combo in my 3600 that will change my driveshaft length. Is that correct? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ...as long as the tranny bolts up I'd check at the parts house and see what the engine calls for and go from there. ...yes, the driveshaft will be a "custom" made one.
I'm sure others with more experience will chime in. I put the 305 in my 1/2 ton panel but using automatic tranny..... .and yes, I used the flywheel the engine called for. Hope it works out. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,098 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,098 | There is a difference in early 305 engines and the 92 305 that you have. The LT1 and later 305 engines used a one piece rear seal and had a smaller bolt pattern than the early engines. The LT1 probably uses a larger flywheel to match the starter and the bell housing. That would be the flywheel that I would use. Fred
1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes 1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes 2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans 1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
| | |
| |
| |