The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 83 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#969975 09/07/2013 3:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
B
Moderated
Moderated
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Hey guys,
My son, who's 13, just bought a '49 3100. I've never been involved with a truck project, just a few cars. I figured this is the place to be for info!
We are located in east central Iowa. My son is in 8th grade. He's currently in cross country. Straight A student (gets it from his mother). He competes in duck calling contest all over the US.
As for me, I'm Just a dumb "lever puller" (heavy equipment operator). Married for almost 17 years. Two kids, 16 year old daughter, and 13 year old son. This will be my 4th project. Started with a '32 ford my dad and I built together. Then an '87 mustang GT. Moved on to a '69 camero, sold it and restored a '67 camero RS. Been out of the loop for a while now, but look forward to getting back into it with my son. I'll try and post pics later of the truck.

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 586
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 586
Hey Bullfrog and son et al, Sounds like a good father son project.Don't be shy about asking questions. I also did a ground up 32 Ford,3 window coupe (AKA the road rocket) years ago that I had to sell when things got tight.I thought the kids would never talk to me again because they loved that car!! Oh... and a good heavy equipment operator here on the Island is worth their weight.


Wanted Good Woman:
Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
Hey Bullfrog

I originally bought my 50 in Gilman Iowa 22 years ago and brought it back to the farm by Sully and finally St. Louis where I currently live. I've found a lot of good folks on this forum.

I get up to visit the farm several times per year..
give me a shout if you need any help finding parts or have questions.. alot of good part suppliers in the midwest, but not all the parts are good ones..

have fun with your truck and son.. mine has been a blessing to our family.



1950 Chevy 3600


Instagram/Olbluechevytruck
on Classic trucks:
http://rides.classictrucks.com/ride/1085750/olblue/1950/chevrolet/c20/
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
Welcome,Bullfrog!! Some MIGHTY FINE "'Bolters",here in Iowa! I'm in Cedar Rapids. Where's your home-base?


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0