The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, Red75bronco, Shaffer's1950, wvstovebolt, Cosmo), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#968399 09/01/2013 10:45 AM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 51
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 51
Hello guys and gals my name is Jon. I've been learking here for a couple months filling the noggin with tons of information on this site. So glad I found this great community. I own a 51 Chevy 4400. My first old truck to restore was a dump truck but someone cut the dump off so im going to make it a flat dump not running yet and no brakes is in primer but old and rust coming through. Want to strip it back down fix/look at there body work pretty much starting from scratch. Seeing theres no brakes would like to put disc in front and keep the rear stock. I don't know everything but have the basics and a can do attitude. Can't wait to get started. I'll be asking lots of questions im sure still need to get some pics up not very good with computers once again will figure it out. I like to be different so jumping into the big bolts feels right go big or go home, nothing against the little nuts thats it for now.
Thanks again for the website
Jon

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/13/2024 9:06 PM. Reason: added more info to the title

1947.5 Chevy 4100 red primer
1951 Chevy 4400 grey primer
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Jon, sounds like you have a plan. Good luck with it, before long you will be on the road.
Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Jon, welcome to the Stovebolt. With your "can do attitude" and with the wealth of knowledge and great folks here you can do what you want and get plenty of help.
Good luck and be on the watch for bolters from your area. I know there are some here.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 51
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 51
Thanks guys ive learned so much already and haven't touched a wrench to the truck yet im sure once I start I'll have tons of questions. The bolt is the best site in the world so much knowledge. I cant wait to learn.


1947.5 Chevy 4100 red primer
1951 Chevy 4400 grey primer

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0