| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,390 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 25 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 25 | I have a the above stated truck. And the truck is 100% original and in really nice shape..........but its just not what I want. I want something with a litle more beef, something me and my sons can go out and enjoy on a weekend. With the stock 216 granny geared 4sp drum brakes and 456 rearend that ain't gonna happen. I am looking for some guidance in the right direction on this. I would like to change the rearend, trans, motor, and brake setup. I just don't know where to start. Any advice.
1953 Chevy 3600
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 687 | I would consider selling the truck as it would be a shame to modify it being all original. Sounds like you would be better off with a frame and cab with no engine and drive train. Then you can put what you want in it....
Too many of these trucks wind up with a small block chevy, TH350 trans, modern differential, mustang 2 front end, etc etc etc...
Just my thoughts. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | ah men to that David. If you find a nice one "restore" it instead of hacking it up. There are tons of projects that got started and never got finished. Some say that the number runs somewhere around 80-90% that proved to be more than the owner could handle. Denny Graham 95% purest, Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | |
| |
| |