The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, jmoore, Steelonsteel, 66flea, kbenz), 107 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,372
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 25
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 25
I have a the above stated truck. And the truck is 100% original and in really nice shape..........but its just not what I want. I want something with a litle more beef, something me and my sons can go out and enjoy on a weekend. With the stock 216 granny geared 4sp drum brakes and 456 rearend that ain't gonna happen. I am looking for some guidance in the right direction on this.
I would like to change the rearend, trans, motor, and brake setup.
I just don't know where to start. Any advice.


1953 Chevy 3600
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 687
I would consider selling the truck as it would be a shame to modify it being all original. Sounds like you would be better off with a frame and cab with no engine and drive train. Then you can put what you want in it....

Too many of these trucks wind up with a small block chevy, TH350 trans, modern differential, mustang 2 front end, etc etc etc...

Just my thoughts.


David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
____________________________
1950 Chevy 3600
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
ah men to that David. If you find a nice one "restore" it
instead of hacking it up. There are tons of projects that got
started and never got finished. Some say that the number runs
somewhere around 80-90% that proved to be more than the owner
could handle.
Denny Graham
95% purest, Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0