The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (D B Cooper, Otto Skorzeny, Jon G, 51sub, 1 invisible), 290 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,098
Posts1,056,163
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 9
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 9
I am using a stainless steel wire loom between my door and the "A" post to route wires for my power windows and locks. Can anyone tell me where the best location to mount the wire loom woud be? If I try to mount it in the center of the door opening the angle between the post and the door is too severe. It looks like the only place I might be able to mount the loom is at the very bottom of the door and post. Any suggestions?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 687
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 687
Before you attempt any install go look at the sliding side door on a mini van (chrysler or Dodge) with electric door locks. I have always wanted to do this on a vehicle. Just don't have one to do it to yet. They have point style connectors that disconnect when the door is open and reconnect when closed. No wiring to worry about sliding back and forth in the door jamb.


I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything! "Bart Simpson"
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
Yep, I used these on my doors w/electric windows.

Dakota Digital Magnum Shooters


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0