The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE), 132 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 36
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 36
Wiring a '53 GMC 1/2 12 volt -- The new harness I'm using has no hot/batt connectors for the heater blower switch and the e-flashers. Do I need a terminal block or something like that or should I just connect back to a batt source on the ignition switch or headlamp switch?
Also the new heater blower switch has B terminal and an M terminal, assume B is for Batt/hot what is the M for?

John

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
You need to get a universal fuse panel. Run a wire from the acessary side of the ign. switch to the fuse panel & short pieces of wire to each circuit you want to use. Than run a wire from each fuse to the acessary you want to power.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
The blower should be powered froom the ignition switch using an inline fuse. I don't know about the "M" terminal.

The Flasher should be powered using an inline fuse. If you don't want them to work with the ignition off than they should be powered from the igintion switch. However, I think the common way is to power them from the constant supply by hooking them up either to the amp meter or the acc terminal of the light switch. Again use an inline fuse.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 36
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 36
Thanks for the input. I do have in-line fuses and would like to avoid a fuse panel. And yes I don't wnat them working unless the ignition is on, so I need to connect both to the IGN post on the ignition switch?

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
John,
one side of your ignition switch is live and the other side is switched. You want the switched side.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
Flashers would of course be fused, but would they be switched? Your rig is disabled by the side of the road..you're on your way to the gas station for fuel..do you want the ignition switch on! Just a thought.

Stuart


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0