| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,326 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 502 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 502 | I am relocating from Ohio back to Kansas(means more attendance to KC shows!) I will be driving my 49 3600(216 with stock drive train, 6 volt, knee action shocks, etc) 850 mile +/- in two days. Basically repeating my route east 2 years ago. The only difference is I will be carrying my ferguson 2 bottom plow, a 1 row cultivator, and a Dearborn scoop in the bed along with me.
This means for the first time in 2 years my 4 49's will be stabled together. I am looking forward to it. Now the others will get more regular workouts rather than just during time off.
Won't be the most restful drive, but driving the bolt makes up for it. My route will take my on 224 across Ohio to 24 across In and Il for an overnight in Quincy. Then down 24 to just north of Grain Valley Mo. From there I will drop down to 150 and across into Kansas. Should arrive in Kansas mid-day Sunday.
To prepare last weekend I completed a full tune up, and lubed everything. Picked up a spare set of points and condenser, and generally checked things over.
I will post a brief report of the drive when I arrive in Kansas. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Sounds like a great adventure. Good luck and have fun. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Whereabouts are you moving to? I'm not familiar with a highway 150 in Kansas. Is that a typo for 160? If so you might end up being a neighbor. I did some Google mapping and I see a 150 in MO up in the KC area. Not so much a neighbor but welcome anyway. 
Last edited by Tiny; 07/13/2013 7:28 AM.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,224 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,224 | I am pretty close to Grain Valley and 150 if you need help when passing by. I guess you know 150 is a busy road once you cross into Kansas, Olathe is backed up anytime of the day!
Joe | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 58 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 58 | Have fun. I was born and raised in K.C.K. | | |
| |
| |