The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Rod), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
a link to a image of the rear of my \'65 c10 lwb stepside

I am thinking of mountin' up some round lens white lights to hang off my rear bumpers brackets to be my reverse lights.

I don't want to punch holes in the fenders to put the original type reverse lights.

So, I thought I'd ask you folks if you have any ideas for lights to use.

Thanks,

-W

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9
I would recommend a pair of spot beams from PIAA. They build great lights, that are almost indestructable should you back into something with them. If you focus them about 15 feet behind your truck so that the beams intersect, it will give you the best light. Good luck...


Need more space for VEHICLES in the list area! Maybe I just need to thin the herd...
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
Woog,
I did the same thing on my 1 ton. I found a pair of oval shaped driving lights on the clearance rack at Wally World and hooked them into the reverse light circuit so that they come on when I put the truck in reverse. I also put a dash mounted switch in parallel so that I could turn them on when I was behind the truck working on a trailer.


Daily Driver 63 C-10 LWB Fleetside
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
yeah I've seen various lights like that at parts stores and such... was curious as to how to mount them... as I recall a pal of mine who put some big round fog lights under his front bumper on a '86 vw golf... and he had them hanging down fromt he mounts... and the rain would get in there and fill them up with water. hah!

So... I wanted to make sure to get a set that is meant to hang below, so to speak.

I was thinking of hanging them behind the bumper and down, so they wouldn't be in the way if I whacked something.

-W

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
I was bangin' around the net and came up on these:

http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/m...oduct_Code=PL-1038W&Category_Code=FL

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: PL-1038W


Performance Lighting 2-1/2" Round Fog Light Kit


----

Hmnn.

-W

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
I got some HF cheapo hallogens and mounted one to my bumper and one to my headrail but I do have a flatbed so that might be un-helpful.

if you check this link:

My bed building story

You can see pix of when I had the reverse lights hanging off the frame under the truck and then after I moved them to accomodate the bed.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
I just drilled holes in the bumper for the mounting bolts provided with the lights and wired 'em up


Daily Driver 63 C-10 LWB Fleetside
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 128
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 128
Woogeroo I think there may be a light that is similar to your stock ones with an intergrated reverse light, check out some trailer places and see what they have. smile


Bent Happy Haulin!
TWO 1963 GMC\'s -- A shortbox and a NAPCO!
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 167
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 167
Woogeroo,
The '67-'87 stepsides had this bracket tha mounts to the rear post of the stepside bed just under the tail light bracket.

My Dad had these on his swb red '76 GMC stepside he had when I was young(er).

I think I might have a set of brackets off of a '66 stepside I could give you,I got them from a "parts" bed from my brother-in-law.

I'll just have to find them first. lol I believe they had the reverse lights bolted to them. I also have a NOS '60-'61 stepside bracket I got off of evilbay when I bought a NOS blinker assembly kit for my '62. I could give this one to you too. PM me Woog. wink
David


My truck don't leak oil, it just marks its teritory.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0