The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (78buckshot, Phak1, Gdads51), 81 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,475
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#952245 06/24/2013 7:49 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
I need to find the 3 chrome bars for each side of my hood, I believe they are supposed to chrome but I am not sure, hopefully someone can set me straight. I have my old ones but they are a little beat up. Thanks

Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
I am hopeing to find somewhere that I can purchase new, if anyone knows where I can purchase them please let me know

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
All the vendors carry them. They are chrome with a red pinstripe, I believe they are around $25 each.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 59
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 59
If you can find good original they will be stainless regardless if they were painted from factory.

Rh

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 667
Hey JD --- I see original stainless hood trim on Ebay all the time. Be sure to question the condition/presence of the mounting tabs. Anything from '42 -'46 will fit and they are the same from 1/2 ton thru 2 ton. Happy hunting. To me, the originals always look/fit better than the crappy Chinese re-pops. Same thing with their knock-offs of the chrome grills. I've yet to hear of one that fit properly.


1946 1.5-Ton Chevy Shorty Bus
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Tango's 1946 Chevy "Skoolie" Project
All my best --- Tango

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0