The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Paul Mullen), 99 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#946221 05/27/2013 9:53 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 17
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 17
Should I put throw out bearing on trans shift and then mate to clutch? Which end goes towards clutch? Does throw out bearing go inside of plates or remain outside? Do I need clips to secure fork to throw out bearing? Someone else disassembled so I having trouble with the assembly process. Any references? Thanks

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
In general terms the clutch and pressure plate are centered with a guide and bolted to the flywheel, than the throw out bearing with the longer depth closest to the pressure plate springs slips onto the trans input shaft then engage the trans. The clutch fork usually just slips onto the throw out bearing without clips.
But we need to know what truck/engine you are referring to be specific.

Last edited by DrewP; 05/28/2013 7:57 AM.

Drew
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 17
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 17
Clutch and flywheel/bellhousing is a 50 chevy wagon with a stock 235 engine. Flywheel, clutch and pressure plate already mated so I only need to input transmission shaft with throw out bearing and fork to complete assembly. Looks like your info should help me complete. As you probably noticed, I am new to the forum and fifnd it very helpful.

Joined: May 2013
Posts: 17
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 17
Ready to install but I think I need a fork ball seat retainer to hold the fork to the ball in place. any suggestions as to who has part?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
If you need that part like TC showed, I can mail you one. Chevy dealer might have it. It was used on the bigger trucks for a long time.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0