| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 306 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 306 | Have any of you folks out there with a 53 3600 had a problem with the bolt that goes through the bottom of the shock being too big for the hole in the mount on the axle? I have ordered shocks from everywhere and in each case the bolt was too big(diameter) for the hole. The mount appears to be original. Unless it is unadvisable I plan the enlarge the hole to take the bolt.
thanks
rolf
1963 c10 | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,518 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,518 | Can you change out the shock sleeves? I had that problem when I was building my roadster, and I contacted the shock manufacturer and the sent me out some smaller sleeves to fit the lower bolt I was using. Some premium hardware stores might have some hardened sleeve stock that you can cut down to the correct length too. By the time you do all that though you might as well drill out the mount larger. 1953 Chevrolet 3100261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done In the DITY GalleryVideo of the 261 running1964 GMC 1000305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 | I'm doing a 53 GMC and had the same problem I ended up just drilling out the mount.
Pete | | |
| |
| |