| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 899 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 899 | Thinking of putting in a 195 degree thermostat, in my 55.2 3100 with a 235. Pro's and Con's ????
TIA.
Brian
Brian 1955.2 3100 Truck The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 239 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 239 | The 235 and 261 engines will run best using 180 degree thermostat. I learned the hard way. When I rebuilt the engine and installed a 195 degree thermostat. The engine ran to hot. Changed out the thermostat to 180 degree. I also did some other things to get the temperature under control. Changed the water pump for one from Patricks, added a radiator overflow tank and a different fan blade. Happy with the truck in 90 degree and 10 degree weather. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Agree with Larry, they will run best at 180° and that will put out enough heat for to keep you warm in the winter. I gotta roll down the windows in old Blue in the winter with the heater (deluxe)on high fan. 195° on a hot July day just may be flurting with the boiling point if you get stopped in rush hour traffic in downtown Princton.
Denny G
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | |
| |
| |