The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (WarEagle1, Jon G, Gray_Ghost), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,102
Posts1,056,184
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#936713 04/18/2013 6:05 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 543
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 543
I'm having it done cuz I don't have the skill...just the way it is. I went to the shop to see the guys. They told me that the power brake booster and MC will not fit w/o mods to the cross member because I have a stick shift... ?? This sound right to you guys ?


Mark
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
Lucielle
Name after my Uncle's Wife..

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ... Will Rogers
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 133
yes,they are correct,(btw, it's the bracket, not the crossmember). why not put in hanging pedal system? my $.02.
daren


1952 GMC 1-Ton
1946 plymouth
1947 ford
custom builder
http://www.doublegcustoms.com
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Alvin(Achipmunk) and I had the same problem,although i'm using a TH350C trans,what I had to do was cut and rotate the left hand side to clear the booster.
Trans crossmember/booster clearance.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 04/19/2013 2:49 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
Yes, hanging pedal bracket assembly with firewall mounted booster/master cylinder would be more appropriate for your application.
I used a the CPP set up. Bullet proof construction, easy install, and great brakes.

my 2 cents, too!

mike


Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 543
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 543
Thanks Guys.. It's done now...just had to mod the bracket and cross member a bit. I was in favor of the fire wall system myself...easier to ck fluid...but I got the booster and MC with the package from TCI. I'll put in an access door I guess.


Mark
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
Lucielle
Name after my Uncle's Wife..

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ... Will Rogers
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
What is "the CPP setup"???


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0