| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,483 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#93638 11/30/2005 5:11 AM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Anyone done a 230/250 with a 700r4 automatic and remember what flex plate they used? My 230 had a clutch on it so I don't know which to use. I need to get a starter and flex plate in the next day or so, so if you've done that stuff, it would save me a bit of trial and error. My 230 didn't come with a starter either.
Thanks O' River of Knowledge!
I've tried various web sites for them like napa online and autozone.com but its sort of like various parts would work by checking the car engine stuff and the truck engine stuff. | | |
#93639 11/30/2005 5:12 AM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Dang it - I'm in the wrong forum - I'll repeat the question in Engine and Driveline - boy am I stoopid. | | |
#93640 12/06/2005 2:00 AM | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 | I got my flexplate from Buffalo. They weld in a spacer for the 235/261 crank and then redrill the correct bolt hole pattern. PLUS they drill a 5 degree and tdc timing mark. Great forethought!
cgresham1212 If you don't drive it, why have it? 55 1st Series 3100 5 window
| | |
#93641 12/07/2005 3:02 AM | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 | Arns, it should be a standard Chevy flexplate. Check Santucci's book to be sure. I have one around that I use for a doorstop...no slushboxes for me. | | |
#93642 12/09/2005 2:13 AM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | Thanks GMC, I got one at the auto parts store when I bought a starter (not included either) and shimmed the starter out and it looks like it will work just fine. Pretty easy to mount and shim a starter when the engines out of the vehicle!  (Plus nice when none of the bits are not soaked in oil and engine effluvia either) | | |
#93643 12/09/2005 8:03 AM | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 | The last time I followed the instructions to shim a starter, I ended up yanking it four times and had no shims at the end. Such fun... | | |
#93644 12/09/2005 9:45 AM | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 990 | This one had a little stick feeler gauge so I have to think its going to work right the first time. It only needed one shim to be perfect (according to the stick gauge thingy). | | |
| |
| |