The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Joe H, moparguy), 118 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Anyone done a 230/250 with a 700r4 automatic and remember what flex plate they used? My 230 had a clutch on it so I don't know which to use. I need to get a starter and flex plate in the next day or so, so if you've done that stuff, it would save me a bit of trial and error. My 230 didn't come with a starter either.

Thanks O' River of Knowledge!

I've tried various web sites for them like napa online and autozone.com but its sort of like various parts would work by checking the car engine stuff and the truck engine stuff.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Dang it - I'm in the wrong forum - I'll repeat the question in Engine and Driveline - boy am I stoopid.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 117
I got my flexplate from Buffalo. They weld in a spacer for the 235/261 crank and then redrill the correct bolt hole pattern. PLUS they drill a 5 degree and tdc timing mark. Great forethought!


cgresham1212
If you don't drive it, why have it?
55 1st Series 3100 5 window
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
Arns, it should be a standard Chevy flexplate. Check Santucci's book to be sure. I have one around that I use for a doorstop...no slushboxes for me.


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
Thanks GMC, I got one at the auto parts store when I bought a starter (not included either) and shimmed the starter out and it looks like it will work just fine. Pretty easy to mount and shim a starter when the engines out of the vehicle! wink (Plus nice when none of the bits are not soaked in oil and engine effluvia either)

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
The last time I followed the instructions to shim a starter, I ended up yanking it four times and had no shims at the end. Such fun...


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
This one had a little stick feeler gauge so I have to think its going to work right the first time. It only needed one shim to be perfect (according to the stick gauge thingy).


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0