Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 | Has anyone ordered and recieved a wayne valve cover and side cover from Patricks and recieved it. How was the qaulity. I've been waiting since the first week of January. Just wondering if it's worth the wait. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | I do not have one but have seen others post they are difficult to get sealed properly against the block side. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | The guys that I know who have used them have had the best luck getting them to seal is by using 3M Yellow weatherstrip adhesive to glue the gasket to the valve cover and side cover. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | I bought a set from Patrick's many years ago.
Patrick's sometimes has problems with "inventory control". You'll get them eventually.
I attach the gasket to all valve covers as don describes (usually with the black version of the 3M weatherstrip adhesive). It has worked fine with a Wayne cover and side-cover (later 235 and 261) and with 4-screw 235/261 valve covers and original side-cover.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 | Well, it's almost June and still waiting on my valve cover from Patricks I orded the 1st week in January and was told it would take 3 weeks to get. Last time I talked to them I was told by the lady on the phone it's in just waiting on a stud kit. Today the son says they have the stud kit and my valve cover should be in the next batch they recieve. Wow. I know some of you guys really have great things to say about them but I just don't see it. Patrick told me he'd call back in 5 minutes an hour and a half ago. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | The wayne products are somewhat hard to come by, I don't really know who is making them now. I have an actual original, only took me 30 years to find one. (and a whole pile of money) But if you want the wayne logo'd stuff, you will have a long wait.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Patrick's might have the license for reproducing the Wayne items. As I posted above, Patrick's has had problems with inventory control - they might also have a problem with cashflow for pre-payment of a production run of the licensed parts (this statement is simply speculation). This delay in delivery has also taken place over the past 15 years with respect the the 3.55 R&P set. Does Patrick's have your money? If not, have you checked with another vendor? Patrick's provide these licensed parts to other vendors. Maybe you can find one that has inventory? Try Chevs of the 40s? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 34 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 34 | save your time when I tried to order one from chevs of 40s it was back ordered and the kid working there said it was the first item he ordered 5 years ago and they have no seen one yet
Patrick is great,but cash flow,vendors and other BS complicate things
if you get a chance to buy one anywhere do it,then we can dealwith it being a leaky p.o.s. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 42 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 42 | I have a set of Waynes valve covers for a 216 that were never used that I would sell if you need a set for a 216. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 | I've waited this long so i'll wait just a while longer. When i get a chance i'll start to work on the steel valve cover i have. If i get it done first i'll just cancel with patricks. How hard is it to fix a steel one. it leaks a little also. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | you most likely won't get it to stop leaking with the steel cover, at least for any appreciable amount of time unless you glue the heck out of it, I have an aluminum cover, used permatex and glued it to the head so as to have somewhat of a lip to keep oil in and left the top clean so I could remove it to adjust the valves, so far it only leaks a tiny amount, not enough to really notice. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 | If the valve cover and the side plates don't leak, better check to see if the engine is out of oil.... That's what my neighbor use to say...
John | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 | Well I hung in there as long as I could. After just over 10 months of waiting for my valve cover I called and canceled my order. Just don't understand it. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 | After canceling my order with Patrics I'm still waiting on my refund. How does this company stay in bussiness. I've called them 3 or 4 times and they keep telling me they are going to put the money back on my card but they never do. Finally contacted the BBB. I know some of you guys out there have great things to say about them. I just don't see it.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | basham,
Do not feel alone in your experience.
Some of us have consistently posted how good Patrick's customer service is - service related to their knowledge, information about parts, advice, and quality of parts.
Some of us have also consistently posted that their "inventory management" has at times been an embarrassment and an inconvenience.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 264 | Well, oddly enough my refund showed up today. Never again. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 255 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 255 | Dang, how long can I expect to wait on my Fenton dual exhaust manifolds?
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Well, oddly enough my refund showed up today. Never again. It's a shame Patrick Dykes couldn't complete your order, but you should be glad you got a refund. Many suppliers aren't that nice about it in my opinion. For others that are still looking, EBay often has USED sets listed. And some times new repros if that works for you.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 255 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 255 | My exhaust manifolds came in yesterday. Look nice. Sorry your stuff didn't make it. Jim | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | I have suspicion the "wayne" branded products aren't actually being produced at this time, which may be why no one can actually lay hands on them. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 200 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 200 | Its a common trend with manufacturers today like Clifford, Offy and others to take orders and money, and when they obtain enough to justify having a full order made, then they make the product. But they often have to sit on your money for 6 months to a year before enough orders get fulfilled. Whether that practice is right or wrong, with the diminishing numbers of interested buyers for this stuff, other vendors are likely to start doing the same as time goes on.
We cannot solve our problems today using the same thinking we used when we created them! Albert Einstein
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 42 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2010 Posts: 42 | I ordered a 'Wayne set' from Patricks in March of 2013. That's 16 mos. ago! I last spoke to them 3 months ago and was told I am at the top of the list and it will only be a few more weeks.........
Anyone else have a set on order?
Daryl
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | I know who has the patterns and the rights to produce them, and I also know he isn't making them. And the last time I talked to him he didn't really have any plans to produce them. | | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 42 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2010 Posts: 42 | In light of the above info from brokenhead (Thanks!), I called Patricks this AM and asked for a refund. I was told a refund check would be sent, no problem for them.
At least now I can start looking for something else. If anyone knows of an alum. cover for sale, please PM me.
Thanks
Daryl
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 5 | could you put me in touch with the gentle man who has the patterns for the side covers and valve covers Brokenhead?
Chevsofthe40s.com
| | |
| |