The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (JW51, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, UtahYork, Rusty Rod, Ponchogl), 271 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,129
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#934046 04/08/2013 5:40 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
Question. What was the floor mat for the Suburban? Was it the same as the truck or did it have a section under the jump seat? Also, does anyone have a picture of the floor pan section under the jump seat area that they could send me or direct me to? Some P.O. has put a panel over the original floor in that area, or at least it looks that way, I'm not really sure what it is supposed to look like. Thanks,
Coffeeman

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
The front mat from the pickup fits my '54. The remains of a ribbed mat was under the jump seat when I got it. I have not been able to determine if it was original.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
The floor panel you are talking about could be original. They welded in a plate to cover the indentation of the floor so they could mount the flip seat and brackets. . The floor pan is the same used in the pickup trucks with some modifications to fit the rear flooring. The matting used was similar to what Cletis posted, but I can't tell by his picture that it's original or not, I believe that the suburban and truck models used black material and his looks like it's faded brown.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
Ahh, G, that makes sense as it is spot welded in. It just isn't cut very well like you would expect a factory plate to be. I will be finished cleaning it up hopefully today and post a better pic of it. Any idea where to get the matting that goes in that area? Thanks-
Mitch

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
Yep, that's exactly what mine looks like. Thanks for the help!

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
You will notice that there are two raised pins at the rear of the seat area close to the rear floor. These are for attaching the mat so it will not move around.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I think my under seat mat was black to start with even though it doesn't look like it in the picture.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 162
After scraping and grinding, I have uncovered the ugly truth. the spot where the back bar of the seat rests on the floor is ripped. I think what I am going to do is dolly it back into shape, weld it shut and then cut a piece of 20 ga. to fit between the factory piece and the rear floor step-up. It wont be original, but I'm not really going for the 100 point restoration. The factory piece looks unfinished anyway so this should make it look better, IMO.


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0