The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (FishinToms53, KEVINSKI, mick53), 89 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,353
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
My neighbor claims to have a (what he thinks is a 52) chrome bunper stamped Chevrolet. He is tearing down a chromeing place that has been in business for 30+ years. Being a 52 chrome front bumper is suspect, but has anybody seen a bumper stamped Chevrolet? His whole story seems a little off, but he will give me the bumper. I haven't seen it yet, but just thought I would ask if anyone knows of a bumper being stamped Chevrolet.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Nope - first time I have heard of it for 47-55 (neither a GM original bumper nor an after market bumper).

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 323
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 323
It might be a grill guard ?





These old bolts are in my blood. Hard thing is focusing on just one.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton panel
1953 GMC 2 ton. future car hauler

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 29
My 51 burb has GM stamped on the backside of the bumper.


1948 3100
1948 Fleetline Areo
1951 Suburban Carryall ( http://photobucket.com/51Burb )
1957 3100
" Tell me who U Hang with & I'll Tell U who You are "!
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 574
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 574
it may be a bumper somebody did custom ohwell ?


1949 Dodge Coronet
1955 2nd Chevy 4400 1.5 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1955 2nd Chevy 3100 1/2 ton
1957 Chevy 5400 LCF 2 ton
1966 Dodge D100 Sweptline
1968 Chevy P20 stepvan
1969 GMC LWB pickup
1972 GMC Sprint
1974 CP30 shorty bus

There are three things that I've learned never discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.----Linus Van Pelt
Trying to understand the behavior of some people is like trying to smell the color 9 big_eek



Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
I haven't seen the bumper as yet, so I don't know what it looks like. However the neighbor made it sound like it was stamped on the front surface. As I mentioned in my first post he is tearing down a place that did chromeing. So it is possible it is a custom piece. If and when I see it I will update everyone.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,518
This was on my rear bumper of my 53. It was painted gray color.Stamping was on the backside
http://www.nloc.net/photopost/data/2692/medium/P1170319.JPG

Last edited by sstock; 04/10/2013 12:16 AM.

1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done
In the DITY Gallery
Video of the 261 running

1964 GMC 1000
305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0