Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (Gdads51, 2-Ton, 1 invisible),
103
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,471 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#93332 11/01/2005 12:48 AM | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 6 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 6 | Hey,
I have a 1949 3100 and I want to put a new wiring harness in as there is a mix of really abraded cloth and plastic. I want to install a new fuse panel as well as the one in the truck is cracked. Any idea where to purchase? Chevs of the 40's sells a replacement harness for $150.00 but they only sell fuse panels with the hot rod harness package.
Thanks for any tips!
Brad
A guy, his dog and a truck..
| | |
#93333 11/01/2005 1:05 AM | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 571 | I used Chevy Duty ($99) harness and then added another factory fuse panel to run all the accessories. I installed it down by the parking brake release. I got it at a junk yard so if ya need one let me know. I can prolly get another or 2. Prolly about $15 bucks a pop. | | |
#93334 11/01/2005 11:55 PM | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 90 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 90 |
Gooday Jim
small wheel moves by fire and rod, big wheel fires by the grace of god, everytime that wheel turns round, bound to cover just a little more ground.
| | |
#93335 11/01/2005 11:59 PM | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 247 Member | | Member Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 247 | Custom harness or do you want absolutely stock only?
I'd recommend a new custom harness over stock if you plan to add any electrical accessories. They come with the fuse panel, all wire you need and proper connectors. EZWire is one company with low prices and reasonable quality, Ron Francis and Painless are quality harnesses but you will pay through the nose for them. I'm not impressed with American Autowire quality-wise. | | |
#93336 11/04/2005 2:28 PM | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 175 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 175 | I don't know if you want original fuse block or not but there is a guy out of Middlefield, OH----Bob Sykora----Bob's Chevy Parts that sells restored original fuse blocks. I got one from him last earlier this year and it was like brand new | | |
#93337 11/05/2005 1:52 AM | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | Brad,
I too have been looking at fuse blocks...they are REAL proud of those things $$$. While eating my lunch today, I was looking at a NAPA parts book, and they have several neat looking fuse blocks listed. Both the coventional glass fuse type and the newer blade type shown. No prices were supplied, but I don't think NAPA stores make you come in backwards with your drawers down, if you get my drift.
If you are interested, I could give you part numbers on Monday.
Stuart | | |
#93338 11/05/2005 5:47 AM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 | I picked a simple 6 fuse block off the rack at NAPA and I think it was about $15.00. I thought it was outrageous for the thing but I need it.
1946 1-ton Panel 1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body | | |
#93339 11/05/2005 6:49 AM | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 6 Member | | Member Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 6 | Thanks for all the information. The restored original blocks sound great, but I don't think my change jar parts budget will permit it! I chose a plastic harness for that reason. On the website for "Bob's" it just says "inquire" in the price column next to the fuse blocks. Rwise, if you don't mind me asking, what was the price when you bought? In the end I think I will explore the NAPA route, although the Haywire products are pretty interesting.
Thanks again,
Brad
A guy, his dog and a truck..
| | |
#93340 11/05/2005 7:13 AM | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | MikeE,
Although $15.00 is more than I thought one of those would be, I have told myself that everything today costs at least $20.00, so it looks like I just saved $5.00..what a deal
Stuart | | |
#93341 11/05/2005 2:38 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,061 | I save a lot of money using that technique too!
1946 1-ton Panel 1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body | | |
#93342 11/24/2005 3:43 PM | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 | Anybody ever used Kwik Wire? Any good? Weeds | | |
| |