The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (3B, BC59, bluechev, MickeyP, Rusty Heaps, 37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, pauld, 1 invisible), 84 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,628
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#928845 03/19/2013 10:49 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 22

duggan #929179 03/20/2013 10:21 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
The task force style instrument cluster is an interesting touch. Did you do that? How neatly was it done?


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
duggan #929193 03/21/2013 12:10 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
My grandfather did that, apparently the original gauges crapped out on him, he lived in a little tiny blink and you'll miss it town, and his hours as a ranch foreman didn't give him a lot of time to go find parts. His friend owned a tow company and a guy had wrecked his truck, my grandfather got that gauge cluster and welded in the circles cut the lipped area off the donor dash and welded it in. It's pretty clean but I'm going to have to do a little bit to clean it up, I'll post pictures when I get to stripping and prepping the cab.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
The later utility body is a nice touch.Are you planning on keeping it or swapping for a standard bed?


Drew
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Haven't decided on the bed yet. If I keep it I'm going to go one route with the paint, if I find a decent bed for the right price I'll go a different route. My Grandfather had a cab over camper in that bed, and the boxes were filled with camping gear, if he felt like heading to the lake or the coast all he had to do was hit the store for food, everything else was already packed up. I doubt I'll do the camper part but having gear ready to go would make it that much more tempting to disappear for a weekend.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 290
Nice looking truck.

Last edited by cletis; 03/22/2013 12:30 PM. Reason: deleted personal message and parts offer.

"IT IS WHAT IT IS"
1953 Chevrolet 1/2-ton 3100 4x4
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery
More images in Flickr
1948 GMC 1-Ton (now sold to someone in Hawaii!)
In the Gallery
More photo in Flickr
1953 Chevy 1-Ton
duggan #930297 03/25/2013 12:21 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Started stripping the front end today, the hood is stayin on till I go to take the engine and tranny out. It's comin along slowly.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0